Attēls
Lietotāja avatars
sicc

Atbildes: 4146
Pievienojies: 2005/Dec/04, 23:27
Atrašanās vieta: Rīga
Braucu ar: E36

Atbildēt Dante » 2007/Aug/30, 9:59

Fucking, pārstājat spamot visos kaktos! Šī ir galerijas sadaļa, nevis pareizrakstības forums! :evil: :x
Attēls
Attēls
Attēls
Attēls
Attēls
Attēls
Attēls
Attēls
Attēls
Attēls
Attēls
Attēls
Attēls
Attēls
Lietotāja avatars
Dante

Atbildes: 2326
Pievienojies: 2006/Mar/24, 10:41
Atrašanās vieta: Lielpilsēta
Braucu ar: gandrīz standartiņu
Dzinējs: Benzīna

Atbildēt sicc » 2007/Sep/02, 12:57

Attēls
Lietotāja avatars
sicc

Atbildēt edzz85 » 2007/Sep/02, 16:35

Tas nav spams, bet jautājums - Kas tie par VW tadiem jocīgiem? kas pa prikolu?
Lietotāja avatars
edzz85

Atbildes: 1619
Pievienojies: 2006/Jan/12, 15:27
Atrašanās vieta: ogre/riga
Braucu ar: sarkanu zemenīti
Dzinējs: 1,6

Atbildēt sicc » 2007/Sep/02, 16:51

edzz85 rakstīja:Tas nav spams, bet jautājums - Kas tie par VW tadiem jocīgiem? kas pa prikolu?

nesen izveidojies stils,tāpat kā ''German style'' vai ''Clean'' :wink: vnk šamie spiež uz rūsu :lol:

izkopēts no vwvortex

kas tad ir Rat Stylz

"My Rat-Stylz Diatribe...... or.. how it all began......
Well, with all of the recent hoopla I would like to explain a few things.

First off "Rat-Stylz" is not trying to lay claim on anything here. It is not a club, it is not a particular style, it does not pertain specifically to a chosen vehicle manufacturer, and it definetly doesnt really matter in the grand scheme of things.

It all started last july, the morning we left for dubwars, right in Andy's driveway. Our friends Craig and Shawn (Craig20v and Raymondvw) were out from Connecticut for a vacation and to come to the show. They are both characters at heart and hence the reason we developed friendship right here on the good ole vortex.
We were all chillin in the driveway packing last minute items into my MK's 2 and 4 for the show. Craig mentioned we should write Bot-Stylz on my mk2 with something so we could rep the eastcoast boys. Now Bot-Stylz as it seems is their little clique of eastcoast peeps that they chill with and clown around with, once again not an official club, more of a "Sphere of influence".

It was at that time that it hit me to write "Rat-Stylz" with a magic marker on the mk2. It seemed fitting because of its primered fender, various small dents and general character. My handwriting blows so bad i was afraid it wouldnt be legible so Andy wrote it. Once again, nothing super defining, just a small way to show our new friendship with the Bot-Stylz crew, with a lil westcoast flavor.

Now as it may seem that Bot-Stylz might be associated with robots, I assure you they are real flesh and blood human beings. It was explained to me by Craig like this...."Well, Bot-Stylz really aint nuthin, it came about because of the frequent typo we all made on AIM"...."You know, like when you type the word playboy and it comes out playbot".... "Because the Y and T are nextdoor neighbors on the keyboard?"

As it was, we had a sweet weekend with those guys and drank beer like none other. Friendships developed that will last for years. Craig and Shawn left later that week, and we talked about a visit to CT so we could drive down to Maryland to H2O international with them in September.

In between Dubwars and H2O, I found a sweet deal on a nearly identical mk2 to mine, a white '92 8v GTI and bought it sight unseen. As I knew Andy needed a daily, I called him and offered it up, and we went to see it in the following couple of days. It was good, so we towed it to my work as it needed a tranny and we could install it there. Brothas helpin brothas.

late september came, and we got on the flight for Connecticut for our east coast tour. Craig and Shawn showed us their digs, took us to New York, and made us go clown out and take photos in the local packie because we loved the word "Packie" so much.
On friday, we saddled up Craigs mk4 and Shawns mk3, and set off for our weekend at H2O. I might add that in the days prior to the show, they had Bot-Stylz stickers made, and we followed suit with the novel idea of having Rat-Stylz stickers made.

Whilst at H2o, we consumed quantities of Barley pops, and generally clowned around. Andy and myself had no cars to rock our new stickers on so we settled for the occasional street sign to riddle, or the unfortunate dead bird. After all, dead birds are definetly ratty.

In the months to come, we got Andy's mk2 up and runnin, got him a set or two of wheels, I experimented with ride height and different size wheels, and we kindof embraced the old hot rodding scene purely out of curiosity and a new place for ideas.

Enter Harrison aka Intrstlarovrdrve or however he spells it...

I got up one day in december and hopped on vortex to see his post. He was a happy go lucky kid that was showin off his whitewalls. I was suprised by the generally good comments people had for him and I Im'ed him to say good job, and asket where he got them. He got right back to me telling me where and provided numerous links. What a nice fella I thought. He didnt care if someone was biting his style. We became friends from that post and Bs'ed in the days after. I got bored on new years day and got some kiwi shoe polish to see how it might look on my mk2 because i am a computer retard and have no clue how to photoshop things. Andy came over while i was doing it and joined in. After we were done we thought it looked so cool Andy decided to do a photoshoot.

Now as it seems, we might be influenced by hot rodders and socal car culture so we surround ourselves with things that are a part of that. Andy is an artist and he enjoys Low brow and pinstripe art. This explains our need to collect things such as Von Dutch hats. Because of what the man represented, not because it was trendy, or that Paris Hilton thinks they are cool. Personally, I would love to see her naked with only a Rat-Stylz hat on.

Now we all enjoy a little hilarity, and we frequent the mk2 forum, so how can two idiots not be tempted to mess with the wheelman and his beloved duck. Thats where it started to get controversial. We dont hate the wheelman, and we dont hate DCI, we just like causing a lil trouble so the forum doesnt stay boring.

Things seemed to get more and more heated after that, and we developed a love hate relationship with many of you. Controversy can be fun you know. At the end of the day, this place can be an outlet for frustration, a place to show off and express joy about your new toys, or just something to look at. I havent met many of you and dont want to burn any bridges because of some online comments.

VegasJetta IM'ed me one day, and said he liked our cause and wanted to offer help in the making of some decal ideas. I got back to him promptly and we worked out a deal. He is a cool fella and from that we have become friends and we will soon take him up on his keg party promise, Vegas Style.

In closing, Rat-Stylz is this: A mindset about life. Have fun and be cool to people and good things will come back to you. I am not saying that our cars are the chit or anything. My mk2 could have been done a million times over if i didnt have this problem with collecting wheels and other VW related artifacts. Last time I was brave enough to add up my recepts it was like 15k or something

I know that some of you folks will laugh some day, DumpedGLI for having momo arrows, which will be sought after like old BBS someday.
And Pimpinizt1 for having a totally clean mk2, in the preservation class of a show in the year 2015.

I dont expect you to all have read this, and i dont expect the noobs to unnerstand, but maybe someday they will and they will get it too.

Thanks to my favorite forum, you guys have been fun.

Any hate mail and requests for stickers can be made at dkwo79@hotmail.com

If they dont lock this, they will see the mk2 content as you guy post up so get to gettin.

Thanks for the look,

Dan "
Lietotāja avatars
sicc

Atbildēt sicc » 2007/Sep/04, 10:34

Attēls
Lietotāja avatars
sicc